Finished

Live

Upcoming

T20 World Cup 2024: “They performed well because of IPL…”- Afghanistan head coach made a big statement

A lot of our players play in the IPL, whenever they come back after playing franchise cricket, I see a little bit of a difference or change every time – Jonathan Trott

Afghanistan Cricket Team (Photo Source: X/Twitter)

T20 World Cup 2024: Under the captaincy of Rashid Khan, the Afghanistan cricket team is playing brilliantly in the tournament. The team is at the top of the Group-B points table with three wins in three matches and 6 points. The team has already reached the Super-8. The team would like to maintain its brilliant performance in this round as well and win the title of the tournament.

Meanwhile, Afghanistan’s head coach Jonathan Trott has made a big statement, giving all the credit for the team’s excellent performance to the IPL. Trott believes that participating in the IPL and other franchise tournaments has helped Afghanistan cricket a lot in the last few years.

There is a change in players after IPL- Jonathan Trott

Head coach Jonathan Trott says that whenever the players return after playing in domestic leagues around the world, changes are seen in them. Speaking at the pre-match press conference ahead of the last match of the group stage round against West Indies on June 18, Trott said,

I think the more exposure the players have got in IPL and different franchises, where there is pressure all the time in this format of the game, it has been good for us and it will help us going forward as well. A lot of our players play in IPL, whenever they come back after playing franchise cricket, I see a little difference or change every time. Which is both good and bad.

Jonathan Trott added,

It’s just about you know holding on to those good people and you know making sure you pay attention to the things that need attention. So, the guys are ready, we had a really good training session where the guys worked really hard. I know the boys take a lot of pride in representing their country. We will give our 100 per cent tomorrow as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.